- Meet or exceed financial goals and operate asset in owners’ best interests and in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions and submit on a timely basis (weekly reports, rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/outs, etc.).
- Prepare annual capital and operating budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Coordinate vendor scheduling, billing and certificates of insurance.
- Approve and review all payables and receivables and communicate with the corporate accounting office. Ensure invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, and all receivables are deposited, and deposit details are communicated to accounting in a timely manner.
- Ensure property is leased to budgeted occupancy and rent levels.
- Work with leasing staff to utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents and strategies for upcoming leasing/renewal season.
- Ensure effectiveness of leasing staff closing techniques.
- Answer resident concerns and questions regarding leasing obligations.
- Tour and Lease the property to achieve all operational goals.
- Perform annual reviews/audits of required property maintenance, capital improvements, property insurance coverage and real estate tax reviews/protests for property.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and enter signed leases into Yardi.
- Conduct move-out inspections move residents out and send reports to accounting for processing.
- Negotiate all vendor and outside service provider contracts for the site properties in conjunction with supervisor within corporate guidelines.
- Develop policies and procedures as they relate to the property.
- Lead emergency team for property. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff and residents and ensure that buildings are within company guidelines to minimize liabilities.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments.
- Maintain community appearance and security by doing property inspections on a regular basis and documenting and communicating problems to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure quality and quantity of market ready apartments with frequent walkthroughs of unleased units and follow up communications with maintenance staff.
- Support and comply with Hovde Properties’ company rules and policies.
- Respond on an on-call basis should a problem arise with the property.
- Available to work a flexible schedule; weekends and some evenings required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of hands-on, direct experience in real estate property management.
- Strong working knowledge of facilities management including staff supervision, marketing, lease negotiations, vendor contracts, building maintenance and systems, operating budgets, capital improvement coordination and tenant relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Management required.
- Real Estate License Preferred
- Lease Up Experience Preferred
- Exposure to the evaluation and remediation of environmental and other business risks.
- Excellent project management, client-service and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated success in building consensus among constituencies with conflicting goals.
- Highly motivated individual who can work with considerable independence.
- Strong commitment to a team-oriented approach.
- Willingness to attend occasional nightly meetings and networking events.
- Periodic travel between portfolio properties.