Hovde Properties, LLC is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader in the Property Management industry to join our company as a Vice President of Multifamily Asset Management. This individual will be a part of the executive management team and instrumental in contributing to business strategies, vision, culture, management and success of the company.
Hovde offers an exceptional work environment where a team of dedicated and collaborative industry professionals support our business as a top tier property management and development company. This is an excellent opportunity for the experienced property management leader to join us and be well supported, recognized and rewarded for your leadership role.
- Drive investment strategy, value creation and outperformance through direct oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment.
- Ability to mentor an industry leading team to the goals of ongoing excellence in property management.
- Oversee budget preparation and pricing for improvements at multiple sites in multiple locations.
- Serve as a leader and creative thinker for the value creation and capital improvement projects that will enable outperformance of individual properties and the overall portfolio.
- Review individual property position and performance compared to competitors. Manage and analyze effective rental structure at all assets (price the rents and concessions at each property on a weekly basis).
- Develop a strong understanding of the real estate markets and communities in which portfolio assets are located, including trends (both real estate and general economic), activities, development, significant transactions and major players.
- Work collaboratively with other operational departments including, Accounting, Human Resources, Compliance and Asset Management to coordinate operational activities related to portfolio properties and other corporate and operational initiatives.
- Review and approve required client reports in final form.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Portfolio Management on market dynamics and asset performance.
- Performs periodic inspections of all properties to ensure that they are being properly managed, maintained and project a quality image to our existing and prospective tenants.
- Negotiates all vendor and outside service provider contracts for the site properties.
- Develops and executes annual business plans and budgets for each asset in his/her portfolio.
- Maintains an extensive vendor, service provider and contractor network and market knowledge for each market in which Hovde has a facility or is targeting expansion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on, direct experience in real estate property management.
- Strong working knowledge of facilities management including staff supervision, marketing, lease negotiations, vendor contracts, building maintenance and systems, operating budgets, capital improvement coordination and tenant relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Management required.
- Licensed Broker or Certified Property Manager in the State of Wisconsin.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Yardi (preferred).
- Exposure to the evaluation and remediation of environmental and other business risks.
- Highly motivated individual who can work with considerable independence.
- Strong commitment to a team-oriented approach.
- Willingness to attend occasional nightly meetings and networking events.
- Periodic travel between portfolio properties.